I decided to merge another post w this existing one. It makes for a full grown one.
Last week, I had the debilitating tooth ache again! Had to go to the dentist who put me on antibiotics and painkillers. It took me out for three and a half days. Wasted an entire weekend. Pretty upset by it all, really. Should I have the thing yanked? It really is the most painful thing I've ever experienced. I do have reservations about extracting a tooth at this age, but why cling on to this really bad thing? After the pain comes the anger. I lay in bed and get all bent out of shape about everything. Things that I try to bury deep usually manifest when I'm unwell.
Fugazi's Repeater was a life changer for me. In 1992, my kid sister & I went flea marketing and record store shopping with our dad in Tulsa. I picked up Repeater on cassette from Starship Records & Tapes. I listened to it on my Walkman all the way back home to Ft. Smith on repeat, of course. I sat there in stunned silence, completely wired & numb at the same time. Electricity. I felt like I crossed over into something pretty important. I never stopped listening to them. They are my unlikely security & comfort source.
Not much going on right now. It's too hot to do anything. I've been listening to music and eating healthily. Of course summer harvests are helpful in that regard. Berries, peaches, corn, okra, tomatoes, melons, eggplant, peppers, zucchini, and squash. Subsequently, I've lost a little over 5 8 lbs. *shrugs* Not much going on right now.
I make a mean oatmeal breakfast every morning. The recipe is exactly this: in a bowl, 1/4 c quick oats, 3 good dashes of cinnamon, several drops of vanilla extract, 2 t of maple syrup, and a handful of whatever fruit is in season. (Right now it's peaches and blueberries.) To this, add 1/4 boiling hot water. Stir. In autumn/winter, when fruit isn't readily available, toasted walnuts or dried fruit is amazing. I wake up and crave this goodness. It compliments black coffee very well.

Fourth of July coming up the day after tomorrow -- the holiday is completely neutered since it's mid-week AND there's a for real firework ban that even I will honor since we are in the midst of a code red wildfire watch.
Here is my favorite thing about the 4th:


I've been tuning in to the Tour de France, which makes me think of Kraftwerk, natch.
I make a mean oatmeal breakfast every morning. The recipe is exactly this: in a bowl, 1/4 c quick oats, 3 good dashes of cinnamon, several drops of vanilla extract, 2 t of maple syrup, and a handful of whatever fruit is in season. (Right now it's peaches and blueberries.) To this, add 1/4 boiling hot water. Stir. In autumn/winter, when fruit isn't readily available, toasted walnuts or dried fruit is amazing. I wake up and crave this goodness. It compliments black coffee very well.

Fourth of July coming up the day after tomorrow -- the holiday is completely neutered since it's mid-week AND there's a for real firework ban that even I will honor since we are in the midst of a code red wildfire watch.
Here is my favorite thing about the 4th:


I've been tuning in to the Tour de France, which makes me think of Kraftwerk, natch.

1 comment:
Sorry 'bout the toothache! I hate that for you. I'd say~ get it removed, but that's just me. I am dealing with a 'bad tooth' too. I think it's bruised! Apparently, you can bruise a tooth, I just learned this information! (Cue: The More You Know.)
I'm kinda bummed about the fireworks ban. But I think they're still having 'em after the Travs game (which starts at 5:30).
Good for you for eating all healthy-like. We had pizza THREE times, from three different pizza places, over the weekend. Um. How is that even possible? :)
Post a Comment